Screening formats guide
- The DV (Digital Video, variants: DVCAM, miniDV) is the standard that has made digital video available. It is now a little older, but still better than the DVD.
- For a better screening quality it is best to use a DV recorder rather than a camera. The recorder is more robust and well wired.
- There is no difference in quality between DV and DVCAM. DVCAM is just a little more robust because it uses more tape to store videos.
- widespread in big cinemas
- widespread in small cinemas
- Cheap, widespread
- Better quality than the DVD
- Only in standard definition, almost always wired in analog