Screening formats guide
- The higher-end Sony VTRs. This is a broadcast format reserved for larger film festivals.
- widespread in big cinemas
- widespread in small cinemas
- Quality: very close to the master, high definition, high fidelity. The colour depth and full definition of the image are preserved.
- Robustness: the tape and the recorder are very strong. The signal is sent in SDI, widely used by professionals as opposed to HDMI, used by the general public. The SDI signal can be transmitted without loss and without drop over long distances. Large festivals, most post-production studios and telivisions use SDI.
- Expensive to reproduce.
- Very expensive to broadcast.