Screening formats guide
- The cheapest and the worst of HD tape formats. HDV is less interesting as a broadcasting medium since Blu-ray has become accessible.
- widespread in big cinemas
- widespread in small cinemas
- High definition (like the HDCAM, 1440x1080)
- Inexpensive to purchase, so accessible for small screening venues
- The image is highly compressed, which is noticeable in areas with solid colours, frames with many details, and/or shots with a lot of movement.
- Fragile media, prone to drops (small freezes or squares that appear in the image)
- Often wired to analogue rather than digital